Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What we will be when we grow up

The girls and I (Susan) were reading a book about what the girls (really Alexandra) wanted to be when they grow up. Alexandra wanted to be a train, but I suggested that she should be a train conductor, so she could be in charge of the train. She thought that it sounded good. Samantha has been wearing a lot of the doctor play things around our house, so Samantha (we decided) is going to be a doctor. Now Samantha can say the word doctor.

Tonight Alexandra decided that John couldn't be a math professor when he grew up, he has to be a train conductor too. I asked her what I should be and Alexandra said that I too should be a train conductor. Apparently, we are going into business together. I asked Alexandra if Samantha should be the doctor on our train and she said yes. Samantha agreed by saying "Doctor" while wearing her stethoscope. So there you have it folks - we are going to be in the business of trains one day!

No comments: