Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Details, details...

John and I aren't good with details - we try, but something always seems to slip. For example, right now, Alexandra and Samantha need haircuts, and so does John for that matter. But! I will fill you in on some details of our life. Also, I am going to be posting various photo albums from the summer. I realized that we have some really good pictures that we haven't shared, so now we will share them, but details first!
  1. Alexandra surprised John and I by riding her bicycle and actually getting the follow through idea with pedaling. Then at the same time, Samantha figured out how to pedal a little bit on her tricycle. It was a big night.
  2. Alexandra can write "Alex" of her name - she couldn't at the start of the summer. She is very proud of this fact. The rest of the letters aren't so hard.
  3. Samantha can spell most of Alexandra's name and some of her name. It's a little backwards, but eh, you take what you can get.
  4. Samantha is in the midst of potty training. Some days she does great! Other days, not so much. If only we knew what made the days different....
  5. John has had one journal article accepted and two unofficially accepted. This is great! We are so proud of him.
  6. I (Susan) have started taking a yoga class. I am not as flexible as I once was.... But I am really enjoying the class. It is very relaxing.
  7. The girls are very excited for preschool (starts on the 16th) and I am too. They are ready to be done with being home.
  8. We are in the middle of a heat wave - it has not been fun. And then we hear that it is 56 degrees in Alaska - it doesn't even get that cold at night here!
  9. The girls are still enjoying sharing a room. Sometimes they go back to their room and just be silly for thirty minutes or more.
  10. We took a mini-vacation to St. Louis. St. Louis about two hours away. We had a wonderful hotel room and everyone slept (eventually) and had lots of fun at the Magic House. There will be pictures, eventually.
I can't think of many more details, though I am sure that there are many. Look for pictures to come over the next week!

1 comment:

Brian said...

Thanks for the info! You should share more about the home notebook. Shawna and I love organizing stuff.

Brian