On Tuesday, the weather was wonderful in the morning. Rain is predicted for the whole week, so we took advantage of the weather and walked to the park nearby. The park is a little pitiful thing, two swings and one slide. However, there is a creek. And well, nothing calls to me like a little creek. The girls and I walked down to explore. Thus began our adventure. We threw rocks into the creek for almost fifteen minutes. Fifteen minutes of just standing on the banks and just enjoying life; fifteen minutes of not feeling like I should be cleaning, washing or otherwise doing chores; fifteen minutes of just being. It was wonderful. We threw sticks and bean pods as well to see what would float. After the creek, we went and swung on the swings. We finished off the park by building a sand castle for the princesses (their description). It was wonderful and well worth the exhaustion that I felt afterwards.
1 comment:
That sounds like such a wonderful day!
Post a Comment