We have been trying to go to storytime at our library. The heat and other scheduled events have interfered with this somewhat. A couple of weeks ago, the kids dissected owl pellets ( I will let you look it up on your own). They were to look for different bones to figure out what the owls had been eating. Samantha attacked her pellet with gusto, while I tried not to gag. Alexandra was a little more hesitant. Plus, Samantha had a bunch of large bones to find. I was amazed at how Samantha leaped into it. She is definitely our scientist. She always wants to know how stuff works or wants to know what will happen if she does this. She also has collections of objects all over the house. We try to keep it in check, but we often find little collections stashed in odd places. Hopefully, we can encourage this love of science in her.
No comments:
Post a Comment