John: Things are going well for him. He worked this summer on research and has gotten an article in one the best journals in his field accepted. We are pretty proud. He is also up for tenure this year. The tenure package has been sent off to the people that will go over it and now, we wait. You can ask him for updates. He also has his first two PhD students this year. He is pretty excited about that.
Alexandra: She is 8 years old and in second grade!!!!!! Second grade, can you believe it? Alexandra adores school. She also really like her teacher, partly because Alexandra's teacher is a snazzy dresser. Alexandra is taking gymnastics again this year and is having a blast. She really likes gymnastics. She is also obsessed with reading. (She definitely doesn't get this from Susan's side of the family) American Girl books are the current favorite along with Judy Moody.
Samantha: She is 5 and in kindergarten!!!! Kindergarten - our baby. Samantha has been waiting to go to kindergarten for two years. She was ready! Her teacher is also amazing. They have been doing a lot of science in class, which satisfies Samantha's little heart. Samantha wants to be a scientist when she grows up. She is reading on a pretty high level for a kindergartener. Alexandra taught Samantha how to read last year and well, Samantha took off with it. Science books are one of her favorites.
Susan: Oh where to begin.... I have TMJ and am in the process of getting that fixed. I will soon get braces. I also have a partially torn rotator cuff in each shoulder. (I don't know how!) But God is good and He is providing what we need when we need it. I am volunteering in the girls' classes and it is a blast getting to know more children. Also, I am involved in a good Bible study with some amazing ladies from church. We have come to appreciate our church family and our small group in ways we never thought possible.
So that is how we are doing in a VERY short little blurbs. There will be more pictures to come, I promise.
1 comment:
Love the update! wow, nobody grows faster than other people's kiddos. Gkad everyone is enjoying school.
Post a Comment