Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Good times...

At our house, we have started doing a family devotion based on the Westminster Shorter Catechism. We tried it about a year ago, but Samantha was just too little and went to bed so early that it was just too hard for us to do. But we have been doing it for about a week and the girls love it! We are using this book (click for link). We have the Arthurs in Oregon to thank for it (thanks!). The girls are just soaking up the knowledge about God and His Word. John and I are learning also.
It amazes me so many times how much they are learning about God. The girls received a CD from John's parents for Christmas that is a story about a mouse who wants to be a gospel singer. One song that is on the CD is "Jesus is Beautiful." I was singing with the girls and Alexandra busts out with "But Jesus wasn't beautiful - God wanted Jesus to look normal." (She is referencing Isaiah's prophecy about how the Messiah would just be ordinary looking.) So, I explained to her about how Jesus is beautiful on the inside and that is what matters. She thought that was neat. John and I are just blessed every day with how our girls are soaking up knowledge about the Lord. May it always be so.

1 comment:

Eyes_Wide_Open said...

So glad you're enjoying it! You guys are great parents...in case you ever doubt it.

:)