Monday, March 12, 2012

Almost exactly 3 years and 11 months ago

Shawna (John's brother's wife) sent this to us as a reminder of where we were almost four years ago. I am thankful that we have this reminder of what our life was like awaiting Samantha (the baby in the update).  This was an email that I sent out to all of our family just before Samantha was born.  Enjoy!


April 8th, 2008
Well, only 10 days to go!!!! I went to the doctor today and the baby's heartbeat was a healthy 145. The heartbeat has typically been on the high side the whole time. The doctor did an ultrasound just to be on the safe side to make sure that Munchkin didn't pull an Alexandra and fool everyone (she was breech). The baby's head was nice and low, so everything is on schedule. I was tempted to see if I could find out if the baby was a boy or a girl, but John is really determined to wait, so I resisted. It was very hard. We haven't finalized names yet - at least first names, so from my point of view, it would have helped! I am dealing with a lot of Braxton-Hicks contractions and other aches and pains, but it is all normal.

Alexandra is doing great! I wish that everyone could see just what a neat little girl she is growing into. She is getting so excited about the baby coming. We had some friends come over on Saturday with their 2 week old and she started crying when she couldn't hold him anymore. She also tried to claim the baby as her own. So, we are definitely in for an interesting time! We installed Alexandra's new car seat last night and it is HUGE! But she can stay in it up to 80 lbs. She really likes the car seat because it is pink and yellow with flowers. Pink is her favorite color. She has also really begun to be interested in baby dolls. At Alexandra's daycare, it is all girls and they play baby dolls a lot. It has been neat to watch her change after being around girls a little bit. All of our friends have boys.

John is doing well - he is finally able to research again. He is teaching a class that he has already taught, so he doesn't have to worry about the day to day lesson plans. He is really enjoying that. Oh - we plan to head to Missouri during the middle of May to go look at houses. We have been looking online and we have finally picked a realtor. He came recommended by someone in the area. So we will see....We are hoping to get a 4 bedroom, but a 3 bedroom with a family room would be great too. I have found some houses that I really like, but they are at the upper end of our price range, so I am trying to be patient and hope that interest rates go down!

No comments: