Friday, March 9, 2012

Just some words

I have been trying to post pictures of the girls per their grandparents' request, but now for some words!

Our lives have been one big ball of sickness.  In fact, the only reason that I don't feel guilty typing on my computer right now is that I need to sit and rest, so I thought that I could multi-task.  As I write this I hear Samantha crying in the next and Alexandra talking to her in a fussy voice about why she (Alexandra) is right about something.  Alexandra is a true first born - her way or the highway.  This causes much angst with her sister and we are working on showing the love of Jesus to everyone, even sisters.  (by the way, crisis has been averted for now, but I imagine that one more will come up in the process of writing this)

Someone has been sick in our house for most of the past four months.  It's getting old, but! God is using it to refine me and to look forward to Heaven even more when there will be no sickness or pain.  Alleluia!  Poor John has been the healthiest one, but now he is even sick.  There have been school closings and talking of school closings due to sickness right now, so in a way it is nice that it isn't just us.

Alexandra is rocking out at kindergarten.  There are some issues that we are working on, but God willing, over the summer we will get some answers and help.  (Don't worry nothing major)  Her work has really improved over the past few weeks.  She is now seated next a friend of hers and I think that it is really helping her in understanding expectations and to just have more fun.  John, Samantha, and I attended a program today in her class.  It was all about farm things.  It was great.  We had a blast.

Samantha is also rocking out at school.  She is our helper child.  If someone is emptying the dishwasher, she wants to help; if someone is cooking, she wants to help.  This attitude carries over at preschool also.  Her cutting skills are also amazing.  She is still working on learning to read.  Yesterday at gymnastics, I spent most of the time smiling because she and another girls were being silly with each other - most of the time, not being disruptive.

John and I are just here.  He is going to Blacksburg for a few days to work and give a talk at Virginia Tech.  Then we have Spring Break!!!  We are going to St. Louis to go to the zoo and hopefully spend some time with Brian and family.  The girls are eager to see their cousins.  It's been too long.  There are a host of boring details I could say, but that is a brief summary of our lives.

1 comment:

Aunt Shawna said...

Sorry you've been so sick! Good to hear the update. Brian will call later today so we can plan great excursions for Spring Break. Our house guest just left two days ago so we're just getting back to normal...or I guess as normal as we ever are! :)