The girls are watching a movie right now, for about the fifth time while I write this post. I was cooking dinner and heard them making "scared" noises about the bad guy. I thought "Why are they scared? They have seen this movie a bunch of times!" Then, the Holy Spirit nudged my heart and reminded me that I too do this. I forget how God has provided in our bad times and make scared noises. I wonder how we will get through it and what will happen in the end. I KNOW the end, I know the end of my story - it ends in Heaven, in perfect union with Christ. Yet, I still sit in my chair and make scared noises. This is why Moses tells the Israelites in Deuteronomy 6:
4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 5 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.
I need to talk about how good God is with others and hear what He is doing in their lives. I don't want to sit in my chair and make scared noises - I want to turn to the One who saves.
No comments:
Post a Comment