So, I got the dreaded call earlier this week. The nurse called and Samantha needed to come
home. Her asthma was acting up. I have to see an orthodontist in St. Louis
(about 2 hours away) once a month and of course, it was on the one day I am out
of town. But John came to the rescue and
brought Samantha home. He said that you
would not have known that the child was sick.
This is normal for Samantha.
Asthma is just one of those things that we deal with in our
family. We have been to two
different children’s hospitals for various specialists and once you have been
to a children’s hospital, our mild asthma isn’t so bad. When Alexandra had her tonsils out last year,
I stayed overnight with her at the children’s hospital. As I walked down the hall, I saw children who
had tubes and IVs and various other things in them. I saw families who you just knew had been at
the hospital for a while. It made our asthma
seem not so bad.
God is good. That has
been the theme of our family for a while now and you will hear it often. When I doubt, He reminds me (sometimes not so
gently) that He will provide and also that this world is broken by sin. In Heaven, there will be no asthma, no kids
on IV, no pain, no tears, and no bad things.
And I am reminded that God is good and He knows best, even when we get
the “dreaded” nurse call from school.
No comments:
Post a Comment