Sunday, January 18, 2009

A work of art

My daughters are very blessed to have a Memaw (Susan's mom) who is an absolutely amazing artist with fabric. For part of Alexandra's Christmas present, Memaw made Alexandra a quilt for her bed. This quilt is doubly special because this quilt is similar to Maegan's quilt, the girls' only girl cousin, and a quilt that Samantha will be receiving soon. The quilt is also special because as part of the quilt, my mom included material from the flower girl dresses from our wedding. Maegan, Isabel, and Jennette were the flower girls at our wedding(I & J are John's sisters who are the same age as Maegan). My mom made the dresses. In the picture below, you can see some of the material; it is the pink, blue and yellow.

I hope that one day my daughters will realize what a precious gift they have - a work of art crafted with love by their Memaw. I know that I am overwhelmed. But for now, Alexandra knows that she is wrapped in Memaw's love when she is under her quilt and that is all she needs to know. We love you, Memaw - you are an amazing artist.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is from"Memaw". I thank you for your praise and love. I hope that Alexandra enjoys her quilt. It is meant to be dragged all through her world. Before we had our daughters, people told me I couldn't imagine how much I would love my children;but they didn't prepare me for how much my children would love me.May you be so blessed as we are. MAMA and MEMAW.........

Hannah Vinson said...

I got a bit teary as I read this post and the comment above . . .love and miss you BOTH!!

Eyes_Wide_Open said...

How beautiful!