Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Cuddling time...

Samantha was never really much of a cuddler when she was born.  She liked to sleep in her bed.  Also, we just didn't have as much time to cuddle due to Alexandra and moving.  (we moved when Samantha was two months old)  But over the past year, things have been changing.  At first, we got tackle hugs, then kisses too; and now we can't leave the house without giving her a kiss and a hug.  Also at night, she MUST have a kiss, hug, and an "Eskimo" kiss (or as she calls it "an animal kiss").  For a couple of nights in a row, I (susan) laid down with Samantha in her bed after we tucked her in just to calm her down and to talk.  Then I tried to leave one night without cuddling first.  I heard this voice "Aren't you going to lie down?" and Samantha patted the bed.  Happiness just filled me up - here was my little one wanting to cuddle with me - how could I say no?  So now, it is a tradition; I lie in bed with Samantha for a few minutes each night and we talk.  It is so precious.  After hockey season is done, I hope that John and I can do it with Alexandra too.  (John and Alexandra watch hockey every night - she loves it.)  The Lord has blessed me so much with this quiet time with Samantha, especially when it has been a terrible two's day.  I hope that she still wants to talk to me like this in the years to come.  For now, I will just treasure these moments.

2 comments:

Shawna said...

Why was it a horrible couple of days? I know of a cupcake shop near our house that can cure what ails you. =)

Melissa said...

That is just the sweetest story! I can't wait for those type of moments :)