Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mundane details....

I (Susan) so enjoy that through the internet that I can find out the mundane details of life about friends and family.  For instance, we have one niece who is sick (Maegan, 16) and our other niece just started eating Cheerios (Summer, almost 9 months).  This is just fun for me.  It enriches my feeling about who they are and their personalities.  So, I thought that I might share some highlights (and lowlights) from our week.

  • Alexandra's idea of a good restaurant "I just want to go to a place with ketchup."
  • Our dishwasher is broken and we are awaiting a new one.
  • John was almost driven crazy by researching which new dishwasher we should buy.
  • The girls really enjoyed going to Lowe's twice this week.  It is fun place for kids.
  • Samantha is on the verge of being potty trained (at least when she is awake).  This is SO exciting.
  • I now have a new appreciation for people who wash dishes by hand.  
  • John had another paper accepted to be published in a journal with a minor change.  He is excited.
  • I discovered that the college library carries fiction - this is extremely exciting since our city library could be bigger and well, I just read a lot.
  • Alexandra fell out of her bed for the first time, even with rails.  I think that she might have just slid out the bottom.
  • Samantha thinks that her big girl bed is the best thing ever.
  • We have moles in our yard.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.
I tried to post a video that showed just how silly my husband is, but alas blogger was not cooperating.  Check back tomorrow and hopefully, it will be there.


2 comments:

Melissa said...

I love your mundane details. We got a new dishwasher last spring and love it! Look into a Bosh. They are a little more expensive, but "green" and supposed to save water. We also have moles off and one... and have found no cure!

Shawna said...

No wonder you had a bad couple of days. Bleck, dishwashing by hand. Yay for fiction books though!
I love getting to hear the little details. Congrats to John about the paper.