A typical conversation with a Alexandra about her day at preschool: (alexandra's replies are in purple)
What was a good thing that happened today?
I saw Samantha on the playground. We met each other on the playground! (this is a typical response)
What was one good thing that happened without besides seeing Samantha?
Well, I played in the big house with Patricia, Elise, and Abby.
Your Abby or another Abby? (there are many, many Abbys at preschool)
My Abby. But then Cameron and Xander came up and I didn’t want them to. I told them that we were there first. And Xander got close to me and I didn’t want him to be my friend. He told me he was my friend forever, but I don’t want him to be my friend.
Why not? (we were thinking at this point that it was because he was a boy, boys are not okay at our house )
Because he has a Ringmaster.
What is a Ringmaster?
A Ringmaster is something that tells you to do bad things and say things in a bad voice. I don’t want him to be my friend. And we were on the big house first.
You should share with them. It’s good to share,
Humph. (arms are crossed over her chest)
We then offer more food and the audacity of Xander is forgotten for now. How could he want to be her friend? To be close to her?
Some other notes about Alexandra and sometimes Samantha. We have a few Veggie Tale songs that are duets. According to Alexandra, they must always be sung duets by her and Samantha. She always seem to reserve the parts sung by Larry the Cumber as hers. Larry is her favorite. As I write this, Alexandra is teaching Samantha how to snort. They are then laughing at each other. Silly noises and silly things always seem to be happening at our house (in amongst the fussing and fighting).
No comments:
Post a Comment