Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thunderstorms!!!!

Oh the joy of thunderstorms! I have missed them so much. We were at Lowe's getting some odds and ends. Then we hear this giant roaring sound...it was the beginning of our first thunderstorm in our new home. I thought "No big deal - it will be done by the time we leave." I was wrong - and gladly so. When we went to leave, John pulled the car up for the girls and I and we rushed in. The rain was (and still is) pouring! It was great. Alexandra heard thunder when we got home and wasn't scared at all. We opened up all the windows in our house because the pollen has been washed away. It is now about 66 degrees outside, compared with the 96 yesterday. Part of me just wants to run out in the rain and play, but since it is lunchtime with a hungry and very tired preschooler, I don't have that option. But I can still sit and listen to the rain and be at peace....

1 comment:

greg varney said...

wow. just reading this made the end of my busy day peaceful.