Sunday, August 14, 2011

Alexandra's "other" family

We are not Alexandra's only family - she has another "family". There is a mom, dad, numerous sisters, and sometimes brothers, but brothers are not too popular. I just had a conversation with Alexandra about her other family. It went something like this:

Alexandra: Can I take my purse on the walk?
Me: No.
Alexandra: Well, my other mom says that I can. She says that I should take purses and toys on walks.
Me: Well, while you are living with us (and you are living with us), you have to listen to what we say.
Alexandra: My other mom says it's okay. I need to take it.
Me: No purses on walks.

Approximately her response

This is not an unusual conversation. We often hear about Alexandra's other family at her pink house. Sometimes, Alexandra is a mother; other times just a big sister. It keeps life interesting. She has such a huge imagination. Daily, John and I are amazed. One of our favorite things is just to listen to the girls do imaginative play. We learn so much. She keeps us smiling.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Aunt Shawna, Uncle Brian, Seth and Summer said...

Alexandra! You have to tell us all about your big First Day at Kindergarten and if Mommy and Samantha did alright, since I'm sure they missed you :)