As I sit typing this, our whole house is without power, but John's laptop is still working! I had intended to type about how we have finally had a "normal" day in Rolla, but the day is ending on a not normal note.
We drove John to work today and then went to the Farmer's Market. It was so nice not to be tempted by the tomatoes - we have an abundance at home. Then we came home and relaxed a little bit while I fed Samantha. Samantha went to sleep and Ali and I did some laundry. Then we had dancing time. Samantha actually slept for over her normal 30 minutes, so I got lunch made before she woke up. Ali went down for her nap and Samantha had her lunch. I got some laundry folded and then everyone woke up and the meltdown time began. We picked John up and had dinner. We have had family movie night for the past two nights because it has been too hot (heat index of over 100) for us to play outside. We heard thunder while we were watching the movie, but just figured it was a normal thunderstorm. We got the girls ready for bed and John got Samantha asleep after some time, while I read to Ali. As we were doing our nightly prayers, the power went out. And praise God, Alexandra laughed! This would not have been normal just a few weeks ago. She did want a nightlight, so we gave her a flashlight and she has been just fine.
So now, we are sitting in the dark seeing the lightning and hearing the thunder and rain - it is so peaceful. We realized that for once, we have no chores to do, because we can't do anything! So, maybe today hasn't been so normal, but it is much more normal than all the other days past and what a blessing it has been.
2 comments:
I'm glad to hear things are getting "normal." It is a wonderful feeling. I had the same one once my brother left and we could stay at home and just live.
How great that the power outage was an adventure for Alexandra.
We think of you all often and love reading your blog to keep up.
Dom asked when we get to see the "Singwers" again.
Post a Comment