Friday, August 15, 2008

Blankie love

In our family (here and elsewhere) we have a phenomenon called "blankie love". Alexandra is not complete at home without blue blankie and will not go to sleep without blue blankie and preferably white blankie too. Samantha is now following in her big sister's footsteps. Samantha likes to sleep on her side and sleeps better if she has a blankie to grab onto.

I do have to say that Alexandra and Samantha come by their blankie love naturally. I (Susan) had blankies that I love to bits (literally) and the girls' Aunt Sandi (my sister) also had a blankie that she adored. Maegan, the girls' only girl cousin (so far) also still has her bunny blankie. In fact, Sandi and I still have blankies of sorts that gives us warm feelings - the quilts that our mama made for us. Our Mama-made quilts are still our favorite blankets to curl up under when it is cold. It makes me think about how much I am loved by my family.

Maybe you have the phenomenon at your house too, but in the form of a stuffed animal or pillow. I try to remember when Alexandra is going crazy for blue blankie and it is in some odd place, that I need to treasure these moments, because she is growing all too fast....

No comments: